Skip sidebar features and jump directly to main page content.
Skip page content and jump directly to page footer.
2012 DBIA WPR Award Winner: Sharp Chula Vista Emergency Department Expansion, Hensel Phelps, Southland Industries
BIM Execution Planning for Design-Build
Date: September 22, 2017
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Hensel Phelps, Honolulu, HI
Description: Registration for BIM class available now at www.dbia.org/development
Click here to register online at national DBIA website. Everyone must register to attend.
This course will focus on execution planning for Building Information Modeling (BIM). Different use cases for implementing BIM will be discussed (e.g., authoring the design, cost estimating and 4D modeling), but the course will not focus on how to create any specific model. In other words, this will not be a computer modeling course, but instead it will focus upon what model content should be developed and shared throughout the project lifecycle, as well as focusing on the process for managing the information flow.
(8 CEUs)* Course Code - BIM
- Understand the impact of implementing BIM on a design-build project, with a particular focus on the synergies of design-build and BIM.
- Understand the value of implementing a structured, standard procedure for planning BIM implementation on a project using a collaborative approach.
- Implement the four-step BIM Project Execution Planning procedure on your next project.
- Understand best practices for successfully implementing BIM on a design-build project.
- Assist an owner in the development of BIM needs on your next project.
*Cancellation Policy: A $50 cancellation fee will be charged to all cancelled registrations. To receive a refund, your cancellation must be received in writing 10 days prior to the start of the Workshop. Verbal cancellations are not acceptable and are not valid. No refunds will be granted after the deadline has passed. Registrants who fail to show for the Workshop will be regarded as "No Shows" and no refunds will be granted.
Register online at www.dbia.org/development
You may also download National's 2017 Design-Build Education Registration Form and mail, email or fax registration to:
DBIA Meetings Department
1331 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 4th Floor
Washington, D.C. 20004