Skip sidebar features and jump directly to main page content.
Skip page content and jump directly to page footer.
2012 DBIA WPR Award Winner: Sharp Chula Vista Emergency Department Expansion, Hensel Phelps, Southland Industries
Los Angeles - DBIA/LCI Breakfast Program (LA)
Date: June 15, 2017
Time: 7:30am - 9:30am
Location: Millennium Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles
Description: LA/Orange County Chapter Breakfast Program: "DBIA/LCI 3rd ANNUAL JOINT EVENT: THE BUSINESS CASE FOR LEAN IN DESIGN-BUILD" with speakers John Pemberton and Bevan Mace, Ph.D.
Traditionally we have relied on anecdotal evidence to suggest how Lean project teams typically deliver better project outcomes. Empirical evidence now shows that projects with high Lean intensity are three times more likely to complete ahead of schedule and two times more likely to complete under budget. How and why Lean and IPD projects are excelling were explored through two separate Lean Construction Institute research efforts conducted by Dodge Data & Analytics and University of Minnesota.
- 162 projects were benchmarked and we inquired about 27 management methods
- Research results now demonstrate statistically significant correlations between high Lean intensity and project success
- This effort definitively breaks down some common myths about Lean project work, and makes a compelling case that Lean makes a positive difference in project performance
Join us to find out why owners, architects, engineers, and constructors are forging ahead with Lean. Attendees will learn how to use this compelling information as a call to action, and a way to change the project mindset for the better. They will leave the event with an understanding of how to get started, and the best way to tell the story.
- At the end of this presentation, participants will understand what owners value in design and construction and will be able to analyze and discuss how designers and constructors can close the gap between owner expectation and typical project delivery.
- At the end of this presentation, participants will be able to identify Lean process innovations and tools that are flexible and positively change project team collaboration.
- At the end of this presentation, participants will understand how the adoption of Lean impacts the architect's role in design and construction.
- At the end of this presentation, participants will know when to strike down Lean and IPD myths with empirical data when they hear myths in the field.
- John Pemberton - Retired Vice President of Technology & Manufacturing and General Manager, Global Construction Group, INTEL CORPORATION. Currently CEO of TRANSFORMING CONSTRUCTION SOLUTIONS, LLC
- Bevan Mace, Ph.D - National Vice President for Operations & Lean, BALFOUR BEATTY CONSTRUCTION
Click here to register online. Click here to download flyer.